Sunday, August 22, 2010

Writing Exercise

I have been learning to write for around five years now. I currently have about ten books in the works . I seem to be drawn to writing books for children. My books are not ready to share or publish but I am very pleased with their progress.

 In my journey, I've learned it takes an average of 10 years, from the time you decide to write, until you are ready to be published. I'm around the middle of my journey. I own around 200 books and roughly 200 magazines on the subject of writing  . I learn something new from each one I read.

One of the things I've learned is the value of a writing exercise. I like creating them so I'll share one with you today.

I'll give you 5 story elements. You take at least 3 and write something. You can use more but use at least 3.

- a boat
- a flower
- the color green
- a table
- something seen from a distance.

Happy writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment