Sunday, August 29, 2010

Art - Free Clip Art

For the last few days I've been exploring the exciting world of Clip Art. In particular, Free Clip Art. Someone suggested I could "pretty up" my blog with clip art instead of drawing my own art all the time. I've been looking at some of what is out there. To be honest, a lot of it is sad. I've seen better artwork fluttering in a tiny first grader fist at the end of the day. On the other side, I have found a couple of sites where the work is very interesting. One if them is -

http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/


The Graphics Fairy has some beautiful work. She posts often with great clips of antique postcards, interesting font types, and some very colorful clips of assorted things. It's a great site.




Some of the work is from the mid 1800's to the early 1900's. Before any of you young whipper-snappers out there make the comment, I was not around when this was brand new. That is not why I like it. <smile>.









I do have a picture, very similar to this one, of my Great-grandmother and a group of ladies.


This is only a tiny sample of what she has. Check it out and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment