Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Old Movie Review - Arsenic and Old Lace

I have been down with a nasty cold. After a short spell of sitting around feeling sorry for myself (as everyone is prone to do when feeling under the weather), I decided to get out some DVD movies I ordered. I've known and liked this movie for a long time but only just bought it for myself a little while ago.
My thoughts - I love it. It's about family secrets. He's a writer and writes a great deal about being anti-marriage. She's a preachers daughter, who lives next door to his two maiden aunts. They get married one afternoon. She goes home to pack for the honeymoon and he runs next door to tell his aunts the news. He finds out ALL kinds of  family secrets during a very long and stressful day. The movie is funny, slightly spooky, and very cute. No matter how bad you think your family is, you will probably feel much better about them after seeing this movie. <smile>

No comments:

Post a Comment